A Murder Mystery Series You Can Binge Straight Through
The best part of a cliffhanger is when you can just start the next episode.
Hey Creepy Catalogers,
Last weekend I binged The Flight Attendant from start to finish. This is one of those shows I “saved” until I could binge it all at once and I’m so happy I did. It’s suspenseful as a thriller and funny as a comedy (I’m a sucker for characters with dark humor) and it’s so pleasurable to hit those cliffhangers at the end of an episode and just let the next one play. If you have 6 hours to devote to a murder mystery this weekend, it’s streaming on HBO Max. (More on what I loved about The Flight Attendant here).
Also streaming this weekend:
Murder by the Coast. Streaming on Netflix. A new documentary about the 1999 murder of Rocío Wanninkhof, after which her mother’s former lover was convicted of the crime, even though there was no evidence linking her to the murder. Later, DNA evidence incriminated a 32-year-old male sex offender who had previously murdered another teen girl.
Dead Sound. Streaming on Prime. Before you ask, I’m not sure why the cover photo is such an aggressive kiss either. The actual movie is a thriller based on a true story that happened to one of the writers, Jon Adler: a group of high school kids miss the last ferry to a party on Block Island. They eventually find a fishing crew to pay to bring them to the party, but the crew takes them out to sea and holds them hostage for money instead.
When the kids realize what’s happening, there’s this very The Strangers-esque exchange:
“Why are you doing this?”
“Because we can.”
- Here’s the first trailer for Halloween Kills.
- A security camera randomly caught a creeper hiding in this woman’s blindspot and then trying to sneak into her car.
- Tarryn Manning will star in a ‘Karen’ horror movie.
- We’ve been reminiscing about how good The Outsider was, especially the first few episodes.
- 6 people who could be the Circleville letter writer.
- The girl whose body was found in a hotel freezer.
- The scariest part of two Hitchcock classics happened off camera.
- The true story that inspired Megan is Missing.
Happy streaming and stay spooky!!