Creepy Catalog is a digital magazine covering television and cinema with a primary focus on horror, sci-fi, fantasy, the paranormal, crime, and arthouse. Our editorial packs a punch. We write with academic rigor, but also in a quick, digestible way with fun visuals to enhance the reading experience. You’ll get the best intellectual pop culture (and underground) analysis at Creepy Catalog.
Founded in 2014, Creepy Catalog is a longstanding authority as an editorial outlet and through our hugely popular Instagram, TikTok, and Facebook accounts. Millions of people trust us every month to dissect all that is strange and creepy in culture.
Creepy Catalog writers are meticulous researchers and culture vultures. Most of our writers have degrees in film studies, philosophy, journalism, or literary studies. Our writers are glued to our screens studying trends on the major streaming platforms and the reactions they invoke on social media. Regarding editorial standards, we have a peer-review process of review for all articles published on the site. We’re constantly reviewing and updating older articles to improve them as new information becomes available.
- The Creepy Catalog Streaming Guide is a weekly newsletter tracking streaming platforms and what new shows and movies are available on them. It analyzes popular movies/shows, features upcoming trailers, and an array of timely links relevant to the community. Join 50,000 loyal readers by signing up here.
- Movie Analysis/Surveys: Our movies section curates and contextualizes all of cinematic history by time period, genre, and tropes; for example here is a list of all the horror movies made in the 1960s, all the movies about cults, and another article on every film that uses the Frankenstein trope. These lists are exhaustive and are excellent guides for finding a new movie to watch or for scholars looking to understand cinema within a historical context.
- Horror Movie Netflix Tracker: Our editorial staff maintains the most detailed and up to date list of all the horror movies streaming on Netflix at any given time. It’s updated multiple times every month.
- eBooks/Physical Books: Creepy Catalog also has a book publishing arm; we publish emerging authors in the horror genre.
- Creepy Catalog Platform Extensions: Creepy Catalog has a vibrant presence on social media, with over a million fans. Creepy Catalog also has an extension on the Thought Catalog website, featuring scary stories, true crime reporting, and other frightening coverage.
Creepy Catalog started as a section on our sibling website Thought Catalog and has evolved into its own brand. Creepy Catalog is owned by The Thought & Expression Company, Inc, an independent media company founded in 2010.