Hey Creepy Catalog,
This week we learned that some parents found out their kid’s “boogeyman” wasn’t actually a boogeyman, and now I want a horror movie to be made about every one of these stories. It will be like the Annabelle movies but way scarier. More like the plot of The Boy…
I also learned about the absolutely insane origin story of Celestial Seasoning’s “Sleepytime Tea”. Hint: the “celestial seasonings” name may refer to literal sprinkles of alien wisdom. I could not make this up.
There are a lot of weirdos out there and if you’d like to stay home and avoid them by watching horror movies, here’s the best of what’s streaming across the internet this weekend:
Best of Netflix:
Death of Me. A mind-bending horror movie about a couple on vacation who think they got too drunk to remember the previous night. When they check their camera, they find a 2.5 hour video of one of them murdering the other. It’s really too bad they wasted the awesome horror movie title I Know Who Killed Me on that awful Lindsay Lohan movie.
Best of Hulu:
Before I Go To Sleep. I watched this thriller with a friend who had read the book and it’s one of those movies where it’s best to go in not knowing much about the plot. Just know that I loved it and thought it was very creepy.
Best of Prime:
Promising Young Woman. I am DYING to see this movie and it’s getting great reviews so I am not going to wait until it is free somewhere. It’s currently $20 for rent on Amazon Home Theater which is insane for me as a single person but if you are partnered or have a family or aren’t social distancing you will be able to split the cost so it’s more comparable to a regular movie ticket. Promising Young Woman is about a woman who lures men to prey on her by pretending to be drunk at bars and clubs. What they don’t know is that she’s a vigilante and they are probably going to get murdered.
This week’s Horror Happenings/Link Roundup:
- If you know about demonologists Ed and Lorraine Warren, you might not actually be that surprised to discover that demons and hauntings aren’t the creepiest part of their lives.
- “Horror movies that would have never started if black people were in the cast”
- We made a list of our favorite babysitter horror movies, a truly delicious subgenre.
- Here’s a look at Michael Myers in the upcoming Halloween Kills.
- According to Rotten Tomatoes, this is the #1 rated horror movie streaming on Netflix.
Happy streaming and stay spooky everyone!