It’s a spooky Friday the 13th here at Creepy Catalog HQ where we are impatiently waiting for the Halloween decorations to arrive at our local Home Goods. Here’s a list of freaky things that have actually happened on Friday the 13th for you to get in the holiday spirit. And the best of what’s streaming this weekend:
Brand New Cherry Flavor. Streaming on Netflix. This looks like a hell of an original series for Netflix about an aspiring filmmaker in 1990s Los Angeles. The visuals of this limited series make it look super creepy and fun:
Beckett. Streaming on Netflix. A creepy action thriller about a man who goes on vacation with his girlfriend and suddenly finds himself at the center of a political conspiracy.
If you’re in the mood for a Friday the 13th classic, the iconic 80s franchise is only available rental or included with Starz subscriptions. The (almost) full length fan movie, Never Hike Alone, is free on YouTube.
This week in horror:
- There might be a prequel to Session 9, one of the most underrated scary movies of all time.
- Selena Gomez is starring in a new horror movie produced by Drake.
- I Am Legend has become a rallying cry for anti-vaxxers. Who could have predicted this timeline?
- The Your Own Backyard podcast that helped get an arrest in the Kristen Smart case after 25 years, is one of the best podcasts I’ve heard in years. Now that there’s so much new information about the case and the two suspects have been arrested, it’s fascinating to learn what was happening behind the scenes.
- What If We Kissed While Watching Osmosis Jones?
- An upsetting and bizarre story about a pastor who murdered a woman he worked with.
- A case that was featured on Unsolved Mysteries has been solved through the use of Ancestry DNA.
- The true story that inspired the wood-chipper scene in Fargo.
Happy streaming and stay spooky!!