Hey Creepy Catalogers,
It’s a beautiful weekend to stay inside and watch horror. Here’s the best of what’s streaming across platforms this weekend:
Best of Netflix:
The Vanished. A psychological thriller about a girl who disappears while on a camping trip with her family. It’s been in Netflix’s top 10 all week and people’s reactions to it is one of the main reasons it’s #1 on my watch list for this weekend:
Wanna guess the ending with me? Also worth noting that this movie was written and directed by Carlisle Cullen from Twilight.
Best of Hulu:
Sea Fever. This movie became controversial because it was released in April 2020 and the characters in the movie fight a parasitic infection that “resembles Coronavirus”. The plot follows a graduate student, Siobhan, as she studies deep sea fauna. Siobhan hires a fishing boat to take her out to sea for research but the ship is suddenly haulted in the middle of the ocean. In her diving gear and armed with only a knife, Siobhan discovers the ship is stuck in the tentacles of a giant squid. From there, things only get fishier. (Sorry, I had to).
Best of Prime:
The Night They Knocked. A group of friends at a remote mountain house get a visit from some uninvited guests. This is like The Strangers (2008) on steroids.
This week’s Horror Happenings:
- The incredibly creepy case of Lindsay Buziak
- Timothee Chalamet is in talks to do a “horror love story”
- The crime that 30 Minutes or Less on Netflix is based on is… a lot
- I found an alternate ending to I am Legend (2007) that completely changes the movie
- 9 stories from people who had curses put on them or had some other encounter with witchcraft/voodoo/the occult
- The gruesome true story that inspired The Strangers (2008)
Stay spooky and happy streaming!