Hey Creepy Catalogers,
Since last week a bunch of new horror movies have been added to Netflix for August. Here’s what I’m streaming this weekend:
Top Secrets UFO Projects: Declassified. Streaming on Netflix. Tom DeLonge (yes, from Blink-182 please keep up) says that the U.S. government is easing the public into awareness of the confirmed existence of UFOs and this Netflix show is part of the rollout. So yes, I will be watching this and scaring the crap out of myself.
Aftermath. streaming on Netflix. “Inspired by true events” a young couple find themselves in a horror movie cliche when they buy a dream home for an unreasonably cheap price.
Pray Away. Streaming on Netflix. Ryan Murphy and Jason Blum executive produced this documentary about the “ex-gay movement” and conversion therapy. This is the kind of true crime content I LIVE for.
This week in horror
- James Wan has confirmed he’s exec producing an I Know What You Did Last Summer young adult series for Prime. I’m extremely into it and I have a lot of ideas about plot lines. For instance, I’d love to see the return of Anne Heche’s creepy character, Missy Egan.
- You can watch the 10 most popular episodes of Buzzfeed: Unsolved.
- It would have been Wes Craven’s 82nd birthday this week.
- Amanda Knox wrote this captivating article about Matt Damon’s new movie using her name for marketing.
- There’s a reason you can’t buy Stephen King’s Rage anymore.
- The real life woodchipper crime that inspired that scene in Fargo.
- ICYMI: this deep dive into the Final Destination universe was pretty fun to make.
- We <3 demonic possession movies!
- Christmas in August: real life scary Santas.
Happy streaming and stay spooky!!!