Tubi is a unique platform for streaming horror movies. Every movie is free on Tubi and there are no subscription fees. Furthermore, Tubi has over 250 horror movies, many of which are true classics or great movies.
Tubi also makes original movies as well. These “Tubi Originals” are often very low-budget and can’t compete with paid services like HBO Max, Hulu, Netflix and Amazon Prime. That said, for a free streaming service, Tubi Originals in the horror and thriller genre are amusing and show a great deal of promise.
Here are all the best free horror movies streaming as of September 2022.
Best Horror Movies on Tubi
Release Date: August, 2022
Why Watch It? Requiem for a Scream is a Tubi Orignal, meaning it’s a straight to streaming movie. It’s campy and low-budget, but as critic Jim Morazzini notes, it’s a good free horror movie to for a “solid bit of slash and stalk to liven up a weekend watch party.”
Official Description: A sadistic killer sets his sights on a group of friends partying in an abandoned lake house, determined to make their murders his symphony.
Release Date: July 2022
Why Watch It? It’s an amusing enough low-budget sci-fi horror flick, and it’s free to stream online.
Official Description: To stop the collapse of humanity, an elite team of soldiers must descend on a radiation-poisoned town and perform the ultimate stealth mission using high-tech armor and weapons.
Release Date: January, 2015
Why Watch It? This is one of the best horror western movies out there with an all-star cast. It’s also extremely violent — if that is what you’re looking for. That violence involves cannibalism.
Official Description: When a group of individuals kidnaps settlers from a small town, an unlikely team of gunslingers, led by Sheriff Hunt, sets out to bring them home.
Release Date: January, 2015
Why Watch It? This spooky movie about twins is in German, but is widely considered one of the best foreign horror movies of the 2010s. If subtitles aren’t your thing, Amazon Prime has remake of the movie in English.
Official Description: Young twin brothers vow to protect each other when their mother comes home with her face obscured by bandages, which makes them question her identity.
Release Date: June, 2012
Why Watch It? You want a sci-fi horror movie and love alien movies.
Official Description: The suspenseful tale of a team of space explorers on the verge of discovering the origins of mankind, which leads them to a battle for the human race.
Release Date: January, 2004
Why Watch It? Stream the movie that made torture porn go mainstream.
Official Description: Obsessed with teaching his victims the value of life, a sadistic serial killer abducts the morally wayward and places them in a horrific game of survival.
Release Date: August, 1999
Why Watch It? Many say The Sixth Sense is the scariest ghost movie ever made. Many also say it has the best twist ending as well.
Official Description: A well-regarded child psychologist meets a scared eight-year-old boy who appears to be traumatized by visitations from troubled spirits.
Release Date: September, 1999
Why Watch It? To see a young Jared Leto star in a cheesy but entertaining 90s slasher movie.
Official Description: When a classmate is brutally murdered, a college student realizes that someone is stalking and killing her friends to recreate various urban legends.
Release Date: October, 1992
Why Watch It? Famed movie critic, Roger Ebert, said that Candyman scared him with ideas and gore” — which perfectly captures why you should watch this film.
Official Description: The legend of a hooked serial killer who appears in the mirror when summoned five times becomes a tragic reality for a thoughtful grad student.
Release Date: October, 1985
Why Watch It? You want something a bit pulpy, and are in the mood for a hybrid of Lovecrafty themes and zombie movie.
Official Description: Cult horror-shocker about a medical student and his girlfriend who conduct outrageous experiments with dead tissue after a new student arrives.
Release Date: October 1974
Why Watch It? This slasher film by Tobe Hooper is a classic horror movie and spawned one of the most important franchises in horror cinema.
Official Description: After a run-in with a group of cannibals, a young woman and her friends are terrorized by Leatherface and his chainsaw in this classic slasher.
More Free Horror Movies on Tubi
- Dracula (1931) Tod Browning’s chilling rendering of the Bram Stoker novel made an international star of Bela Lugosi in the title role.
- Frankenstein (1931) James Whale’s legendary cinematic adaptation of Mary Shelley’s 1818 novel stars Boris Karloff as the monster.
- Creature From the Black Lagoon (1954) this time-honored monster movie from the mid-1950s pits a group of scientists who are innocently exploring the Amazon against a prehistoric “gill man.”
- I Spit on Your Grave (1978) This classic horror shocker from the late 70s spotlights Camille Keaton as a rape victim who gets vengeance against each one of her assailants one-by-one.
- Hellraiser (1987) the first installment of Clive Barker’s classic horror franchise focuses on a cheating wife and her dead lover. It also marks the first appearance of the loathsome villain named Pinhead.
- Anaconda (1997) Ice Cube, Jennifer Lopez, Owen Wilson, and Jon Voight are part of a documentary team in the Amazon who suddenly encounter a 40-foot snake.
- The Devil’s Rejects (2005) Rob Zombie’s murderous Firefly family is on the lam and being chased down by a ruthless sheriff. Stars Bill Moseley, Sid Haig, and Sheri Moon Zombie.
- Rogue (2007) An American journalist traveling in the Australian outback finds himself face-to-face with a man-eating crocodile.
- Devil’s Pass (2013) a group of explorers attempt to figure out what happened to a group of hikers who disappeared while researching a legendary mystery.
- The Babadook (2014) an unexpectedly terrifying story about a mother who seeks to contain a demonic entity that has emerged from a children’s book she gave her son.
- The Witch (2015) also stylized as The VVitch, this is director Robert Eggers’s tale of a man who moves his family to a rural area, only to experience increasingly disturbing paranormal phenomena.
- Train to Busan (2016) a dubbed version of the South Korean action thriller about a father and his daughter who get trapped on a train while a zombie pandemic breaks out in the country.
- Fresh Meat: Jeffrey Dahmer (2021) is a grim documentary about the life and mind of serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer, AKA “The Milwaukee Cannibal.”
- Shark Bait (2022) a group of thrill-seekers steal some jet skis but get stranded out at sea, only to realize they’re out of their element and being stalked by a ferocious natural predator.
- Dead Zone (2022) a group of highly trained soldiers enter a radioactive zone in an attempt to save what remains of humanity.
As a free service, Tubi’s library of movies rotates constantly. The best way to see the complete and dynamic library of horror movies is to visit this page.