Hey Creepy Catalogers,
Netflix added quite a few horror classics post-Halloween: Addams Family Values (1993), When a Stranger Calls (2006), and the tour de force Snakes on a Plane (2006). Here are my picks for the best horror streaming this weekend:
It Follows. Streaming on Netflix. One of the best horror movies of the 10s was just added to Netflix this month. It Follows is about an inescapable malevolent entity one woman is stuck trying to (forever) outrun after having sex with the wrong man. If you’ve already seen it, read this article about the scariest part of It Follows most people miss and watch it again.
Catching Killers. Streaming on Netflix. A new docuseries that interviews investigators who have nabbed high profile criminals like the Green River killer and Aileen Wuornos.
Retreat (2011). Streaming on Prime. A couple go away to a remote island for some peace and quiet and instead discover that a global pandemic has overrun the mainland.
This week in horror:
- Everything creepy that’s coming to Netflix in November.
- For Scream fans, this documentary on YouTube is fascinating.
- A tragic Vanity Fair article written by the father of Poltergeist actress Dominique Dunne, who was murdered by her boyfriend 38 years ago this week.
- I just finished reading the novel The Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires and it was SO creepy and SO funny!
- The Filmmakers Behind ‘V/H/S/94’. Hail Raatma!
- The sex worker who took down an active serial killer.
Happy streaming and stay spooky!