Hey Creepy Catalogers,
Hellraiser (2022). Streaming on Hulu. This reboot features Jamie Clayton as Pinhead and Odessa A’zion as a young woman struggling with addiction. I’m excited to see a modern take on this horror classic.
Mr. Harrigan’s Phone (2022). Streaming on Netflix. Based on a Stephen King novella and produced by Ryan Murphy, Mr. Harrigan’s Phone is about a bullied boy who receives ghostly help from an elderly man. I love that King and his son Joe Hill both got features made based on their horror stories about phones this year.
Bring It On: Cheer or Die (2022). On Saturday Bring It On enters the horror genre with this slasher movie that will premiere on SyFy. It is the seventh installment in the series, though I assume you don’t have to have seen the last installment, Bring It On: Worldwide Cheersmack (2017) to enjoy this one.
Deadstream (2022). Streaming on Shudder. A new Shudder original about an influencer who films himself spending a night in Death Manor, the most haunted location in the US.
This week in horror:
- Jamie Lee Curtis says she’s “open” to more Halloween movies. Specifically, she said “to say never is stupid.”
- The Violent Night trailer with David Harbour is here.
- Terrifier 2 is uncut and in theaters this weekend.
- Witchy books to read this Halloween.
- Barbarian is the sleeper hit no one in Hollywood wanted to make.
- My ex-boyfriend’s garage was haunted.
Happy streaming and stay spooky!!
Canonical CC Horror Fiction: Elias Witherow