Hey Creepy Catalogers,
Watcher (2022). Available to rent on Amazon or YouTube. I loved this movie so much I can’t wait for it to be streaming for free somewhere before I recommend it to everyone I know. Maika Monroe (from It Follows) stars as Julia, a woman who moves to Romania with her boyfriend. Only beginning to learn the language and isolated in their (stunning) apartment, she begins to notice someone is watching her. Creepy Catalog editor Chris Catt has Watcher highly rated on his “Best Horror Movies of 2022” list.
Spiderhead (2022). Streaming on Netflix. A new sci-fi action thriller released this week from Netflix about a dystopian panopticon-like prison that uses incarcerated people as lab rats. Chris Hemsworth and Miles Teller star.
The Midnight Meat Train (2008). Streaming on Tubi (free app). Based on a Clive Barker story, baby Bradley Cooper stars as an aspiring photographer who accidentally captures evidence (and the attention) of a late night serial killer. If you haven’t seen it before, buckle up for a pretty gruesome twist ending.
Peeping Tom (1961). Streaming on Tubi (free app). The classic voyeur film and proto-slasher about a photographer named Mark who will do anything to capture the expression of fear on a woman’s face. Peeping Tom also has a pretty fascinating history, including ending director Michael Powell’s career!
This week in horror:
- The NYT has a new profile on giallo master Dario Argento.
- Jason Blum thinks he can get Robert Englund to do another Nightmare on Elm Street sequel.
- The Black Phone finally hits theaters this Friday, June 23.
- Are You Afraid of the Dark: Ghost Island is coming July 30th.
- The best grim reaper movies.
- 11 horror sequels that are better than the original.
- Remembering human-monster movie Green Room (2015).
- Is Twin Peaks worth watching?
Happy streaming and stay spooky!