Hey Creepy Catalogers,
It’s a new month which means new horror movies have been added to streaming platforms. Netflix has added a few horror titles like The Mist (2007) and The Boy (2016). Amazon Prime added Black Swan (2010), the unrated cut of The Hills Have Eyes (2006) and all of the Twilight movies. Hulu added the Alien and Predator sagas along with Cabin Fever (2002). Shudder added the killer (sic) isolation movie What Keeps You Alive (2018) and the original Poltergeist (1982).
Here are my picks for weekend streaming:
Rosemary’s Baby (1968). New on Prime this month is disgraced director Roman Polanski’s psychological horror movie about an actor and his wife who come to live in a fancy (but spooky) NYC apartment building. It was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Screenplay and Ruth Gordon won Best Actress for her role as the couple’s creepy neighbor, Minnie Castevet.
The Beach (2000). Streaming on Freevee. Young Leo stars in this thriller based on the Alex Garland book about travelers who discover a mythic paradise. The sweltering Thailand scenes along with a brutal shark attack subplot make this a perfect movie to start the summer off with!
Stranger Things Season 4. Streaming on Netflix. If you’ve been checked out of Stranger Things for awhile, it’s time to catch up. The first episode of this season is not messing around. See you on the other side.
This week in horror:
- This weekend new horror movies Dashcam, The Passenger, Watcher and David Cronenberg’s Crimes of the Future release.
- The Conjuring house is up for sale.
- Frank Ocean is reportedly making a movie with A24.
- Arachnophobia is getting a remake.
- The legacy of The Last House on the Left (1972).
- The 19 best Stephen King books.
- Sad horror films
- The child murderer who changed Florida’s sex offender laws.
- Shark attack horror movies to read before you head to the beach.
Happy streaming and stay spooky!