Hey Creepy Catalogers,
Here’s the best of what’s streaming around the internet this weekend:
Raw (2016). Streaming on Netflix. A French horror movie (yes it’s in French) written and directed by Julia Ducournau (who also wrote and directed 2021’s Titane which everyone is talking about). The plot follows a lifelong vegetarian named Justine during her first semester at veterinary school. Forced to eat meat for the first time during a hazing ritual she soon develops a craving for raw meat that she goes to great lengths to satisfy.
Horror Noire (2021). Streaming on Shudder. Not to be confused with the non-fiction Horror Noire: A History of Black Horror, this is an anthology of six short horror films that are pretty creepy (and have some solid comedic moments). My favorites were “The Lake” and “Sundown”.
Ozark. Streaming on Netflix. Part one of the final season is out! Horror fans will love this dark and gruesome crime drama. Jason Bateman and Laura Linney star as a couple who start laundering money for a drug cartel. By day they play a wholesome wealthy couple living in the Ozarks, behind the scenes they scramble to stay alive.
This week in horror:
- ‘Scream’ dethrones ‘Spiderman’ at the box office.
- Cassandra Peterson (aka Elvira, Mistress of the Dark) lost 11,000 ‘horny old men’ followers after coming out. She subsequently gained 60,000 new followers who love her for who she is. Peterson says, “For the first time in my life, I’m with someone who makes me feel safe, blessed, and truly loved.” 🖤
- The Firestarter remake with Zac Efron has wrapped.
- There’s a new fellowship for women horror writers 40 and over.
- Is ‘Jeepers Creepers’ based on a true story?
- 14 Valentine’s Day horror movies.
- The one moment in each of the ‘Scream’ movies when the killers’ plan should have fallen apart.
- The best hitman movies.
- The only way this man could get justice for his sister was by confessing to her murder.
- There’s a creepy Mandela Effect about the David Fincher movie ‘Se7en’.
- Spooky facts about ‘Cloverfield’.
Happy streaming, stay spooky, and join us on Discord!