Hey Creepy Catalogers,
This week I took a chance on an unknown horror movie I found on Prime and it actually scared the crap out of me. In honor of The Deeper You Dig (2020) and the first real snow of the season (at least at Creepy HQ) this weekend’s horror recommendations are based on the best horror to watch while getting snowed in (or pretending to get snowed in).
The Deeper You Dig (2020). Streaming on Prime. A great suspense horror movie with some witch vibes and a little weirdness mixed in. A woman’s daughter goes missing in upstate New York and she suspects her neighbor may be involved.
Let Me In (2010). Streaming on Netflix. A scary and touching cold weather horror movie about childhood friendship and murder. This is the American remake of the Swedish vampire movie Let the Right One In (2008) which is streaming on Hulu. Both are solid but most people will prefer the slightly darker Swedish version.
Dead of Winter (1987). Available to rent on Amazon and YouTube. A creepy winter horror movie about a struggling actress who travels to upstate New York in the middle of a snowy storm after being offered an acting job.
This Week in Horror:
- A24‘s The Green Knight (2021) is heading back to theaters.
- Everything we know so far about 2022’s Texas Chainsaw reboot.
- Next up for Mike Flanagan: a “remix” of The Fall of the House of Usher for Netflix.
- A wonderful horror story to read while it snows outside.
- Fun facts about Tremors (1990).
- It’s not just Josh Duggar. They’re a whole family of Draculas.
- Is The Fourth Kind (2009) actually based on a true story?
Happy streaming and stay spooky!